Roseville Pottery Company was founded in 1890 by J.F. Weaver in Roseville, Ohio. Along with Rookwood and Weller, it was one of the three major art potteries located in Ohio in the early 1900s. Until releasing its first high quality art pottery line, Rozane in 1900 to compete with the growing popularity of Rookwood and Weller spurred by the Arts and Crafts movement, Roseville produced primarily utilitarian ware. Roseville produced its final designs in 1953 and ceased operations the following year.