Old Wooden Covered Bridge "A Scene in the OLD SOUTH" Vintage Postcard
Vintage chrome era souvenir postcard depicting "A scene in the old South" - a wooden covered bridge with a farmer, horse cart and hand plow. Covered bridges were widely used in pre-civil war days throughout the South. Only a few remain.
- Era: Chrome
- Location: Somewhere in the South, USA
- Publisher: Scenic South Card Company, Bessemer, Alabama
- Photographer: Unknown
- Subject: Covered bridge, farmer, horse, cart
- Condition: Good, some spots due to age
- Postmark: April 3, 1967 - Davenport, Florida to Rising Sun, Indiana
- Message: Handwritten
- Postage Stamp: 5¢ George Washington stamp (Blue/Gray #1213 - 1962); canceled and affixed
- Size: 5 ½” x 3 ½”
Thank you for visiting THE TOWNHOUSE ANTIQUES & VINTAGE.
We strive to provide you the best in antique, collectibles and vintage items and do our best to provide you within the written description as much information, whether it’s the history, manufacturer or condition, for each item we sell.
However, we also recognize that a “picture is worth a thousand words” and ask that you view the photos we provide as well. Often, a photo can be more effective than a written description when determining if an item will meet your needs and satisfaction.
Find out more about us and what other items we have listed at https://thetownhouseantiques.com/collections.