HOOD'S SARSAPARILLA APOTHECARIES Aqua Glass Bottle Lowell Massachusetts Circa 1878 - 1922
Founded by Charles Ira Hood in 1875, the C.I. HOOD & CO of Lowell, Massachusetts was among the largest patent medicine companies in the United States. The mainstay of the company for more than 50 years, was HOOD'S SARSAPARILLA.
This older variety HOOD'S SARSAPARILLA bottle likely from the late 1800s, is made of light colored amber glass. It is about 8 ¾” tall by 3" wide and is about 1 ¾” in depth.
There are multiple embossed markings on the bottle.
- Positioned on three lines in large embossed letters on the front sidewall are the words, HOOD'S SARSA PARILLA.
- C.I. HOOD & CO is positioned vertically down the left side of the bottle.
- LOWELL MASS is positioned vertically down the right side of the bottle.
- The word, APOTHECARIES is positioned vertically on the back sidewall of the bottle, inside an indented rectangle shape.
- The number 25 is embossed inside a circle shape on the base.
Enjoy your shopping!
Note: Historic bottles should not be used for food or beverage storage.
Thank you for visiting THE TOWNHOUSE ANTIQUES & VINTAGE. Find out more about us and what other items we have listed at https://thetownhouseantiques.com/collections.
We strive to provide you the best in antique, collectibles and vintage items and do our best to provide you within the written description as much information, whether it’s the history, manufacturer or condition, for each item we sell.
However, we also recognize that a “picture is worth a thousand words” and ask that you view the photos we provide as well. Often, a photo can be more effective than a written description when determining if an item will meet your needs and satisfaction.
We greatly appreciate that you checked out our shop and hope you become a repeat customer!