John Meir & Son Ironstone

In 1812, John Meir acquired Greensgate Pottery at Tunstall, Stoke-on-Tent in Staffordshire, England.  He worked alone until 1837, when his son joined the partnership, when at this time the firm was renamed from John Meir to John Meir & Son.  Together they produced high quality ironstone and earthenware, much of what was exported to the United States.  The family sold the business in 1896 to William Adams & Sons Potters.